As “passionate cleaners as we are in My Sparkle Maid” we take pride in an immaculate home, cleaning the bathroom shower is something that we always are afraid of especially because of all the dirt and mold that is in the bathrooms always – and usually is always last on the chore list. Don’t be afraid; with these nine easy steps, cleaning your shower will be quick and easy.
1. Empty your shower caddy. Remove shampoo bottles, razors, loofahs, and all rubber duckies :-). Be sure to grab the bath mat and no-slip floor stickers as well and wash them with a soapy warm water and wipe them
2. Rinse away. Using some type of cup or bucket, rinse the walls and floor of your shower with hot water. A hand-held showerhead will also help you out. You just want to get all of the dirt, hair, and other gross stuff down the drain and out of your way make sure is nothing stuck or accumulated in the drain.
3. Remove our biggest enemy Mr. Mildew. Put some rubber gloves on and spray the walls of your favorite Mold & Shower Stain remover sprayer (do not mix cleaners always choose the best option for you and the planet and this includes non-chemical cleaners. Spray 6-8 inches from the surface. Then, use a sponge to scrub problem areas like walls and corners. Rinse with hot water. Finally, be sure to wipe the shower walls dry to prevent new mildew from forming continuously.
4. Clean your shower door and/or curtain. You can also use your favorite cleanser for your shower curtains or hard-to-clean soap scum on glass shower doors. Just spray and rinse. If you want to clean your shower door tracks, just spray this and let them sit for a while, and use a brush to remove the dirt in the tracks. Then, rinse with hot water.
5. Get rid of the difficult scum. First, run some hot water to create steam. Then scrub your shower tiles to remove soap scum and hard water deposits. help yourself with a brush or a toothbrush between the tiles. If you don't like this part, skip it and give us a call and add to your cleaning booking a Tiles and Grouts add on let us do the hard work for you.
6. Scrub the tub. Apply your favorite cleaner around your tub. Scrub with a sponge or a brush, starting at the top and working your way down. Then rinse with water and take pride in your sparkling clean tub.
7. Don’t forget the showerhead. It’s hard to get clean if your shower head is dirtier than you are and failing to spray water. Spray and clean the showerhead, especially the holes with a toothbrush (DO NOT USE YOUR HUSBANDS TOOTHBRUSH!!!). If the showerhead is really bad, we recommend you to get some vinegar in a plastic bag and cover your showerhead make sure is safe with some pins or a plastic rubber band and leave it there for a couple of hours and then rinse it with hot water, if it's really bad you probably will need to leave it overnight.
8. Time for the Sparkles. The hardware in your shower is really your pride after a hard cleaning session in your whole bathroom. Make it shine again with some soapy water and then some vinegar and wash off and wipe it dry. I do this in my stainless-steel faucets and works wonders.
9. Mr. Dirty Drain. Of course, we will leave it to the end, who wants to do this..... I know nobody..... As I always said.... "This is one of the ugliest and dirty jobs during the bathroom cleaning time ” So make it quick and easy (make sure you have your gloves on) Grab a plastic bag. Then, using a large hook or cloth metal hanger, yank the hair out of the drain, and gently throw it away, yes, I know Ewwwwwww. To disinfect the drain, spray with your favorite cleaner and some vinegar directly into the drain. Let it sit for a few minutes and you will probably like to brush with our famous toothbrush and then rinse with very hot water. I'm pretty sure all this work was not that bad after all. The satisfaction after we have a clean bathtub is amazing.